Key Competencies—Skills for Life 2009
22-24 June, London welcomes the 3rd International conference on Key Competencies—Skills for Life. The conference will be part of a larger event, Learning Forum London, which includes 2 other conferences: the 7th international ePortfolio conference and Learning Networks and Communities. Experts and practitioners from all continents are expected to take part in this unique event.
Jun 22, 2009 09:00 AM
Jun 24, 2009 05:00 PM
|Where||City University, London, UK|
|Contact Name||Angela Harrison|
|Contact Phone||+33 3 8643 1343|
|Add event to calendar||
The challenge of ensuring that citizens and employees are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to live and work in the 21st century has never been more urgent. Demographic trends, global competition and technological advances make it imperative to raise the level of skills and ensure that these are maintained in line with rapid evolutions in today’s knowledge society. Key competencies, or functional skills are an essential component of this challenge.
Key competencies policies
- competency standards, european qualification framework, lifelong learning, lifewide learning,
Key competencies for active citizenship
- multiple litteracies, cultural literacy, citizenship competencies, community learning, reciprocal learning, intergenerational learning.
Key competencies for employability and economic innovation
- litteracy, talent management, public-private partnerships, continuing personal and professional development, personal assets management, career planning.
Key competencies development
- multiple litteracies, development programmes, learning resources, best practices.
Key competencies recognition and accreditation
- social and professional identity, portfolio, qualification frameworks, assessment, self-assessment, peer recognition, accreditation, quality control, competency and qualification frameworks.