Venue - Transport - Accomodation - About Oxford
VenueThe 2006 International ePortfolio Conference will take place at the Kings Centre, which offers modern facilities in a unique Oxford setting.
To learn more about the Kings Centre see their website: http://www.kingscentre.co.uk/
Green Travel Policy to which the Kings Centre has committed in order to reduce traffic congestion and improve the local environment.
Maps and directions can be found by clicking here
The conference venue is a short walk from Oxford train station (direct trains to London Paddington and to Birmingham and Manchester), and the Oxford coach station (direct services to London and to London Heathrow and London Gatwick Airports), and from the centre of the city of Oxford.
- See here for a website to search for an appropriate train;
- See here or here for a website to search for coach services from London Victoria (very frequent, excellent value for money);
- See here for information about coach services from Heathrow airport and Gatwick airport;
- See here for coach services from London Stansted airport, running every two hours.
Note that train services from Stansted may be more convenient in terms of timing
- See here for information about coach services from Luton airport, changing at Hemel Hempstead, Heathrow Airport or Milton Keynes;
- A number of companies, including Oxicars and CCB cars, offer pre-bookable airport transfers.
- Please note that parking in the centre of Oxford is not easy, and we do recommend travelling by public transport, or using the good Park and Ride system from the outskirts of Oxford, if at all possible.
In Oxford, there is a range of different accommodation options, from classic hotels to modern hotels, bed and breakfast to youth hostels, and university college accommodation. Probably the most complete listing of local accommodation is on the Daily Information website (a local information website about Oxford - see here for more details about Oxford itself). Alternatively, there is another site giving information about Oxford and about accommodation in Oxford, operated by the City Council here.
A few suggested links:
About OxfordSee the following links for Oxford tourist information:
- www.visitoxford.org - The official Tourism Website for the City of Oxford
- www.oxford.gov.uk - The Oxford City Council's Website